Vendor - Electrical Hookups
- All electrical connections must meet the specifications and metering requirements set forth by the City of Natchitoches.
- As per City ordinance, portable generators may not be used for electricity.
- Household duty extension cords and other unapproved methods of electrical connection are not allowed.
- Each booth requiring electricity must be connected and metered individually by the city.
- The Natchitoches Jazz Festival Committee will arrange for all electrical connections.
- All wiring in booths or tents must meet all National Electrical Codes adopted by the City of Natchitoches.
- Booths or structures requiring electricity from 20 amps to 70 amps, at 240 volts must furnish breaker and S-O cord to match load.
- Service 70 amps or lower - the load wires on 100-amp breaker must be moved to blank space provided.
- A 110 volt 20 amp GFI receptacle, a 30 amp R-V 110 volt and a 50 amp 240 volt receptacle is provided below each meter, these are pre-wired. R-V plug is not intended for large concessions, also only one type R-V plug provided. Any R-V or trailer requiring 240 volt service 60 or 70 amp will have to use terminal block and furnish a breaker of correct size to match cord. No extension cords used in R-V outlet.
- For tents or structures using an extension cord, use GFI Breaker.
- Cord from trailer of R-V must be in good condition.
- Romex not allowed
- Cord must be 3 wire grounded or 4 wire grounded depending on application.
- No. 2 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating- 95 amp.
- No. 4 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating-70 amp.
- No. 6 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating-55 amp.
- No. 8 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating-40 amp.
- No. 10 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating-30 amp.
- No. 12 Strand S-O 4 conductor rating-25 amp.